« Home | We Are All Citizens of the World » | Tuesday, July 31, 2007The BoJo BoysThe BoJo Boys –... » | July 31, 2007* Joe Moore Turned Away @ White House... » | Monday, July 30, 2007Progress ReportGale Park Fiel... » | Art In Rogers Park is 50 - 50 Deal on the Hellhole » | Zoning Committee Work Praised By Hellhole » | The Big Bash of VOTER 49 » | I Just Cannot Accept That We Lost » | We Are Never Wrong! » | Out Dated Data Exploited to Run Down Rogers Park »

No Post From Howard St. Today

Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Special on Rogers Park Neighbor
Rogers Park is filled with hidden treasures.

I attended tonight's Garden Meander brought to life by the Rogers Park Garden Group. It confirmed my belief that our neighborhood is filled with hidden treasures. . . . More from the Rogers Park Neighbors blog



In a very positive post on Rogers Park Neighbor Jocelyn writes about the beautiful gardens and their resilient gardeners. I have to agree with Jocelyn. There are many wonderful things here in Rogers Park, but most wonderful of all are the people who make up our communities human fabric.

Things are not perfect here, but they are going in a direction that has made some improvements. Many folks talk about Andersonville as the great example of what we should be. I spent sometime in the widow of an Andersonville restaurant and after a while I decide that I would count the next thirty people who went by to see what diversity the strip offered 26 white, 2 black, 2 hispanic. I enjoy the great diversity of Rogers Park and want to continue to enjoy it. I would rather see an Alderman who moves forward slowly and carefully than one who is looking for the easy way out by gentrifying the neighborhood into 26 whites, 2 blacks, 2 hispanics.

Labels: , ,