« Home | I Just Cannot Accept That We Lost » | We Are Never Wrong! » | Out Dated Data Exploited to Run Down Rogers Park » | Changing the Rogers Park Blog World »

The Big Bash of VOTER 49

Saturday, July 28, 2007
OK -- I'm In
I went to the V.O.T.E.R 49 bash at Michael Harrington's place this afternoon. While the turnout was not overwhelming, it is a committed group of people. I met Michael in person, as well as his partner. Spoke with Don and his wife, Eva, Eileen Foxman and her husband, Toni (who was Pretty in Pink), Carla, and others whose names escape me. Chef Didier Durand showed up with wonderful French bread, brie and other cheeses.

I got an opportunity to converse with Don and Michael for a period of time, and I am convinced that joining V.O.T.E.R. is the right choice for me. This is not about bashing Moore, although no doubt any number of people will portray it as such. It is about that word I so love -- accountability -- and the provision of fair elections. I will contribute my time, dollars if available, as much as possible..... Complete Piece



This is a summary of the highly touted VOTER 49 bash on July 28 referred to by Toni in her post below. This is a post that sounds like someone trying to be balanced. Interestingly enough there are some actual comments attributed to Gordon himself about the lawsuit. Most interesting is
a comments by Gordon that the Board of Elections runs the elections poorly and that they, not Moore, are the target.

There is also a conversation about why she didn't have to show ID when she voted. The simple answer is that the law does not require the displaying of ID on election day unless you are voting for the first time after having registered by mail. Requiring ID from anyone else is the illegal act. It unfairly targets poor people. Not knowing where you live, you might have had to show ID somewhere else (in the parking lot, not the voting station) because of the unethical use of this tactic by the Gordon camp.

Other highlights in the post include more talk of the "pink postcards" so dear to Toni's heart.

Labels: , ,